Friday, June 15, 2012

Miss Rachel's Pantry

I am so in love with Miss Rachel's adorable new all-vegan lunch cafe on West Passyunk Ave.  Miss Rachel seems to specialize in comfort food, which just happens to be my favorite kind. Today I enjoyed "The Crabbie," which is a delicate and delightfully satisfying faux-crabcake served on a roll with mayo and a slice of juicy tomato. Last week, I had the meatloaf sandwich with a flavorful mushroom gravy, also delicious. Their hearty, homemade sandwiches are appropriately priced at around $7. 

Miss Rachel's also offers baked goods from local vegan bakers, ice cream, as well as a full coffee menu and a few breakfast items. She even does a vegan egg 'n' cheese sandwich, which is good if you like daiya cheese. I'm really hoping she expands her breakfast menu because it's my favorite meal and there aren't many place in Philly to get a vegan brunch.

If you're feelin' fancy, she does a weekly reservations-only four-course Friday night Farmhouse Table Dinner. I wish I could just go for the first course this week, because a Macadamia Cheese Tartlet with Caramelized Onion sounds incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment